The Codex Sinaiticus was written in the mid-fourth century in Biblical majuscule script - the term for the lettering used on the Codex Sinaiticus and other relevant texts – in four columns (poetry texts were written in two columns), on meticulously prepared parchment. It probably belongs to the fifty works that Constantine the Great commissioned from Eusebius of Caesarea in Palestine and the calligraphy workshop of his “School”; even if that is not the case, the dating is very close.
The Codex Sinaiticus contains the texts of the Old and New Testament, as well as that of two Apostolic Fathers. The largest part of the Codex is now kept in the British Library (Brit. Mus. Addit. 43725), to which it was illicitly sold by the Soviet State in 1933. These twelve pages and several other fragments that complete the famous “Codex Sinaiticus” of the Holy Bible were recovered in 1975, among the other New Finds.